- 1. 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2. 1/2 cup 100 percent pure pumpkin puree
- 3. 1 cup water
- 4. 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 5. 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3. In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, pumpkin, flour, water and coconut oil. There is no need to melt the coconut oil, solid is fine.
- 4. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- 5. Knead the dough until it forms a big ball.
- 6. Flatten the dough ball either with your fingers or with a rolling pin. Spread the dough out to approximately 1/4-inch in thickness.
- 7. Press your cookie cutter into the dough and cut out the biscuit.
- 8. Place it on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 9. Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- 10. Cool on wire rack.
- 11. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
If your dog has a wheat sensitivity, you can switch out the flour to an oat, rice or coconut flour. The consistency may just be a little different.
Recipe from ProudDogMom.com.